Concrete garage aprons are an important part of keeping surface water away from the foundation.
A garage apron is that portion of the driveway that starts at the garage floor and extends out toward the street.
Unfortunately, when asphalt driveways are installed up to the edge of the garage floor, settling occurs due to water drainage between the floor and the driveway. This over time, causes deterioration of the foundation support blocks under the floor which can lead to a more serious problem.
Here’s what we do:
- Cut out and remove section of asphalt driveway with size depending on customer needs.
- Inspect existing footings for erosion.
- Install fill and compact to proper grade.
- Install rebar reinforcement with rebar pins to footings to prevent any future settling.
- Install expansion strip along garage edge.
- Pour new concrete apron with contraction joints and broom finish.
- Thorough clean up of construction area.